The Mandela Rhodes Scholarships 2021 for African Students is open for African citizens to study for postgraduate (Honors and Masters) degree at South African Universities 2021
The Mandela Rhodes Scholarships Programme is a combination of financial support for postgraduate studies and a high quality leadership development programme, with the intention to build exceptional leadership capacity in Africa.
A Mandela Rhodes Scholarship enables a Scholar to study at a South African tertiary institution registered with the South African Council on Higher Education for an accredited postgraduate degree programme. The Scholarship is awarded for one or a maximum of two years, currently for an Honours or Masters degree.
Areas of Study: The leadership development programme is made up of the following three components.
- Three residential workshops
- Three regional group pods
The Scholarship covers the cost of a Scholar as follows:
- Tuition and registration fees as set by the institution;
- A study materials allowance as set by the MRF;
- Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the MRF;
- A medical aid allowance as set by the MRF;
- Economy-class travel allowance for international Scholars only from the Scholar’s home to their institution at the beginning and back home at the end of their degree programme;
- Personal allowance.
- Course Level: Masters
- Application Deadline: 16th April 2020
- Number of Scholarships: Several
- Duration of Scholarship: Full funding is for Honours (maximum one year) or Masters (up to a maximum of two years)
- Offered annually? Yes
- Eligible Countries: open to citizens of all African countries
- To be taken at (country): South African universities or tertiary institutions
Mandela Rhodes Scholarships 2021 for African Students Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- The Scholarship is open to citizens of all African countries
- The Scholarship is for postgraduate study at South African universities or tertiary institutions
- Full funding is for Honours (maximum one year) or Masters (up to a maximum of two years) or their equivalents (MBA’s excluded)
- Any individual who will be between the ages of 19 and 30 years at the time of taking up the Scholarship may apply
- Applicants must posess a first degree or its equivalent or must be in the process of completing one by 31 January 2019
- Applicants should have a history of well above average academic results
- Individuals that reflect in their character a commitment to the four principles of Education, Reconciliation, Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- The MRF leadership development activities sometimes include weekends. It is a condition of the Scholarship that attendance is compulsory
How to Apply for the Mandela Rhodes Scholarships 2021 for African Students: All Mandela Rhodes Scholarship applicants are to apply online via the Embark application system.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying